What is an ESR test?
ESR (Erythrocyte Sedimentation Rate) Test
No special preparation is required.(Fasting is not required)
Get reports within 6 hours
As prescribed by your doctor
Blood (Free home sample collection in 60 mins)
When can the ESR (Erythrocyte Sedimentation Rate) test be recommended?
- This test is performed to determine the presence of inflammation in the body.
- The inflammation can be due to infections, autoimmune disorders, cancers, etc. However, this test does not specify the exact cause of the inflammation.
What does it measure?
- The ESR test measures the rate at which the red blood cells (erythrocytes) settle (sediment) at the bottom of a tube that contains a blood sample in one hour. The test result is expressed in millimetres per hour (mm/hr).
- The ESR test is a non-specific measure of inflammation. An ESR test can be affected by conditions other than inflammation also.
- Although a high ESR can indicate the presence of inflammation, it does not provide any information regarding the cause and site of inflammation. Hence, ESR is done along with other tests.
How long will the ESR test reports take?
The reports are available over email or WhatsApp within 6 hours after the collection of the blood sample collection.
What is the cost of the ESR (Erythrocyte Sedimentation Rate) test?
The cost of the ESR (Erythrocyte Sedimentation Rate) test in Bangalore is Rs. 100.
How often should I get tested for the ESR (Erythrocyte Sedimentation Rate) test?
Erythrocyte Sedimentation Rate (ESR) test is prescribed by your doctor after a complete assessment of your conditions.
What are the normal values for an ESR (Erythrocyte Sedimentation Rate) test?
What is the type of sample required for ESR test?
We require blood for ESR test.
What time should I get the ESR test done?
The ESR test can be taken at any time during the day.
Is fasting required for the ESR (Erythrocyte Sedimentation Rate) test?
Fasting is not required for this test.
Any other precautions to be taken before getting myself tested for an ESR (Erythrocyte Sedimentation Rate) test?
There are no specific precautions for this test.
Why should I book an ESR (Erythrocyte Sedimentation Rate) test with Orange Health Labs in Bangalore?
Orange Health Labs is the fastest diagnostic lab. With us, you can get tested at home within 60 minutes of placing an order anywhere in Bangalore. Our trained, professional, and vaccinated eMedics will be at your doorstep at the time selected by you.Your sample is safely transported to our NABL accredited and ICMR approved lab at the optimal temperature. The results will be delivered to you faster too!
How to book a ESR test near me in Bangalore?
If you’re looking for a ESR test near me in Bangalore, your search ends here. With Orange Health Labs, you no longer need to step out of your home for the test. Just book an ESR test through Orange Health Labs's website and our eMedic will collect your sample within 60 minutes of booking the test from your home, office.. any place of your convenience! The sample will be taken to our NABL accredited and ICMR approved lab for testing. Your reports will be shared with you within 6 hours over WhatsApp. You can always view the reports on our app too!