What is a Liver Function Test (LFT) test?
A Liver Function Test (LFT) includes a group of blood tests commonly performed to evaluate the function of the liver. These tests measure the levels of enzymes and proteins produced by the liver, including bilirubin, albumin, etc. It’s advised to take the test in case you show symptoms of liver problems, such as dark urine, diarrhoea, light stool, and jaundice.
Liver Function Test (LFT)
No special preparation is required.(Fasting is not required)
Get reports within 6 hours
As prescribed by your doctor
₹ 700 (Flat ₹ 100 off on your first order)
Blood (Free home sample collection in 60 mins)
When is the Liver Function Test (LFT) test recommended?
- To check for damage to the liver due to liver infections or hepatitis B and hepatitis C, especially if you suspect you have been exposed to a virus that causes hepatitis.
- If you’re experiencing symptoms of a liver disorder like abdominal (stomach) pain, dark urine (pee), fatigue (feeling tired), itching, jaundice (yellowing of your skin or eyes), light-coloured stools (poop), loss of appetite, nausea, and vomiting or have a family history of liver disease, such as fatty liver disease.
- Certain tests are undertaken to check different aspects of liver function. For example, elevated alanine transaminase trusted source and aspartate transaminase disproportional to bilirubin and alkaline phosphatase levels often indicates liver disease.
What does it measure?
- Liver Function Tests measure the level of liver enzymes, proteins, and bilirubin in the blood.
- LFT is a group of tests that measure the levels of (SGOT) Aspartate Aminotransferase (AST), (SGPT) Alanine Aminotransferase (ALT), Alkaline Phosphatase (ALP), total protein, Bilirubin, and Gamma Glutamyl Transferase (GGT) in the blood.
- Liver function can also be affected by various risk factors like alcohol, certain drugs, a sedentary lifestyle, and obesity.
- Regular monitoring of liver function helps with the early detection of any liver abnormalities.
How long will the reports take?
The reports are available over email or WhatsApp within 6 hours after the collection of the blood sample collection.
How much does a LFT test cost in Delhi?
The cost of the LFT test in Delhi is Rs. 700.
How often should I get tested for a Liver Function Test?
A Liver Function Test is prescribed by your doctor after a complete assessment of your symptoms and conditions.
What are the normal values of a Liver Function Test?
- Alanine Aminotransferase (ALT): 13-69 U/L
- Aspartate Aminotransferase (AST): 15-46 U/L
- Alkaline Phosphatase (ALP): 38-126 U/L
- Total Serum Protein: 5.5-8.0 g/dL
- Albumin: 3.5-5.0 g/dL
- Globulin: 2.0-3.5 g/dL
- Total Bilirubin: 0.0-1.1mg/dL
- Conjugated bilirubin (direct): 0.0-0.3mg/dL
- Unconjugated bilirubin (indirect): 0.0-1.1mg/dL
- GGT: 9-48 U/L
What is the type of sample required?
We require a blood sample for this test.
What time should I get the test done?
This test can be taken at any time during the day.
Is fasting required for Liver Function Test?
Fasting is not required. However, your doctor may ask you to fast for 10 to 12 hours.
Any other precautions to be taken before getting myself tested for a Liver Function Test?
Since some foods and medicines may interfere with your test results your doctor may ask you to avoid certain food and medicines before taking the test.
How can I book a Liver Function Test in Delhi?
Log into www.orangehealth.in and submit your details. Our highly trained, professional, and vaccinated eMedics will be at your doorstep within 60 minutes or at the time slot booked by you.
Why should I book a Liver Function Test with Orange Health Labs in Delhi?
Orange Health Labs is the fastest diagnostic lab. With us, you can get tested at home within 60 minutes of placing an order anywhere in Delhi. Our trained, professional, and vaccinated eMedics will be at your doorstep at the time selected by you. Your sample is safely transported at the optimal temperature to our NABL accredited and ICMR approved lab. The results will be delivered to you faster too!
How to book the LFT test near me in Delhi?
If you’re looking for "LFT test near me" in Delhi, your search ends here. With Orange Health Labs, you no longer need to step out of your home for the test. Just book the LFT test through Orange Health Labs's website and our eMedic will collect your sample within 60 minutes of booking the test from your home, office.. any place of your convenience! The sample will be taken to our NABL accredited and ICMR approved lab for testing. Your reports will be shared with you within 6 hours over WhatsApp. You can always view the reports on our app too!