What is a Complete Haemogram test?
The complete hemogram includes a series of tests that include a complete blood count (CBC), (also referred to as an entire blood corpuscle count) alongside an erythrocyte sedimentation rate (ESR). CBC could also be a test that provides information about blood cells like red blood cells, white blood cells (WBC), and platelets. it's routinely performed to provide a summary of a patient's general health status. ESR is completed to find out if any condition is causing inflammation within the body.
When is the Complete Haemogram test recommended?
- To analyse an existing blood disorder.
- To help detect a variety of disorders, including infections, anaemia, diseases related to the immune system, and blood cancers.
- To check the treatment that is known to affect blood cells, such as chemotherapy or radiotherapy.
- In the case of signs and symptoms associated with temporal arteritis, systemic vasculitis, polymyalgia rheumatic, or rheumatoid arthritis.
- To check overall health as part of a routine check-up.
What does it measure?
- A CBC involves multiple measurements that include the number of blood cells and a couple of their physical features. A typical CBC includes several elements associated with red blood cells, white blood cells, and platelets that are described in the following sections.
- Haemoglobin measures the quantity of this oxygen-carrying protein that's found inside RBCs.
- Haematocrit measures the amount of the total blood volume that consists of red blood cells.
- An RBC count is the total number of red blood cells in your blood sample.
- Mean corpuscular volume (MCV) could also be a measurement of the standard size of red blood cells.
- Mean corpuscular haemoglobin (MCH) is the typical amount of haemoglobin inside each red blood cell.
- A mean corpuscular haemoglobin concentration (MCHC) could also be a calculated measurement of how concentrated haemoglobin is within red blood cells.
- Red cell distribution width (RDW) is a measurement of the variation in the size of your red blood cells.
- The white blood cell differential could also be a breakdown of the number of each of five different kinds of WBCs: Neutrophils, Lymphocytes, Monocytes, Eosinophils, Basophils.
- Platelets, also called thrombocytes, are disc-shaped cell fragments without a nucleus that help in blood clotting. A platelet count could also be a measurement of the number of platelets in a given volume of blood.
- A sed rate, or erythrocyte sedimentation rate (ESR), could also be a biopsy that can reveal inflammatory activity in your body.
How long will the reports take?
You will get the reports within 6 hours after the collection of the blood sample.
What is the cost of the Complete Haemogram test in Mumbai?
The cost of the Complete Haemogram test in Mumbai is Rs. 500.
How often should I get tested for the Complete Haemogram test?
The Complete Haemogram test is prescribed by your doctor after a complete assessment of your condition.
What is the type of sample required?
We require a blood sample for this test.
What time should I get the test done?
The test can be taken at any time.
Is fasting required for the Complete Haemogram test?
No, fasting is not required for a Complete Haemogram test.
Any other precautions to be taken before getting myself tested for the Complete Haemogram test?
There are no specific precautions for this test.
How can I book the Complete Haemogram test in Mumbai?
Log into www.orangehealth.com and submit your details. Our highly trained, professional, and vaccinated eMedics will be at your doorstep within 60 minutes or at the time booked by you.
Why should I book the Complete Haemogram test with Orange Health Labs in Mumbai?
Orange Health Labs is the Fastest Diagnostic Lab. With us, you can get tested at home within 60 minutes of placing an order anywhere in Mumbai. Or our trained, professional and vaccinated eMedics will be at your doorstep at the time selected by you.Your sample is safely transported at the optimal temperature to our NABL accredited and ICMR approved lab. The results will be delivered to you faster too!
Is your Laboratory accredited?