What is a Lipid Profile test?
A Lipid Profile test , also known as a total cholesterol test, is done to measure the amount and type of fat in the blood. It measures low-density lipoprotein (LDL), high-density lipoprotein (HDL), and triglycerides in the body.
- People with obesity, diabetes, a sedentary lifestyle, and a family history of high cholesterol or heart attacks should regularly get their lipid profile testing done. People undergoing treatment for high cholesterol and heart disease also require regular cholesterol testing to monitor the effectiveness of treatment.
- It is crucial to establish an accurate diagnosis of a lipid profile to proactively eliminate the risks of stroke or major cardiovascular diseases.
Lipid Profile/Cholesterol Test
8-9 hours of fasting.
Get reports within 6 hours
As prescribed by your doctor
₹ 790 (Flat ₹ 100 off on your first order)
Blood (Free home sample collection)
When is the Lipid Profile test recommended?
- For adults, it is recommended that even people with no risk factors for heart disease get a fasting lipid profile test done every 4 to 6 years.
- If other risk factors like coronary heart disease, stroke, and peripheral vascular disease are present, it is recommended that the test be done more frequently.
- It’s essential to monitor LDL cholesterol. It’s one of the major risk factors for several diseases such as apo A1, apo B, and lipoprotein.
What does it measure?
- The Lipid Profile test usually measures total cholesterol, HDL cholesterol, LDL cholesterol, and triglycerides levels. The other results that may be reported include derived VLDL cholesterol, derived non-HDL cholesterol, and total cholesterol to HDL cholesterol ratio.
- Cholesterol and triglycerides are essential lipids that are carried in the blood by lipoprotein particles made up of cholesterol, triglycerides, proteins, and phospholipid molecules.
- The lipoprotein particles are classified according to their density into HDL, LDL, and very-low-density lipoproteins (VLDL).
How long will the lipid profile test reports take?
You will get the lipid profile test reports within 6 hours after the collection of the blood sample.
What is the cost of the Lipid Profile test in Mumbai?
The cost of the Lipid Profile test in Mumbai is Rs. 790.
How often should I get tested for the Lipid Profile test?
Most healthy adults should have their cholesterol checked every 4 to 6 years. People with heart disease or diabetes or a family history of high cholesterol, need to check their cholesterol more often. Your doctor prescribes this test after a complete assessment of your symptoms and conditions.
What are the normal values of a Lipid Profile test?
The normal values/ranges of lipid profile are:
- Cholesterol: 120–200 mg/dL
- Triglycerides: 60–160 mg/dL
- HDL Cholesterol: 35–70 mg/dL
- LDL Cholesterol: <130 mg/dL
- VLDL Cholesterol: 0–35 mg/dL
What is the type of sample required?
We require a blood sample for this test.
What time should I get the test done?
The test has to be taken in the morning.
Is fasting required for the Lipid Profile test?
You may be asked to fast for at least 10–12 hours before the test. Fasting means neither eating any food nor drinking coffee, tea, milk, tender coconut water or anything except water.
Any other precautions to be taken before getting myself tested for the Lipid Profile test?
No further precautions are needed for this test.
How can I book a Lipid Profile test in Mumbai?
Log into www.orangehealth.in and submit your details. Our highly trained, professional, and vaccinated eMedics will be at your doorstep within 60 minutes or at the time booked by you.
Why should I book a Lipid Profile test with Orange Health Labs in Mumbai?
Orange Health Labs is the fastest diagnostic lab . With us, you can get tested at home within 60 minutes of placing an order anywhere in Mumbai. Our trained, professional, and vaccinated eMedics will be at your doorstep at the time selected by you.Your sample is safely transported to our NABL accredited and ICMR approved lab at the optimal temperature. The results will be delivered to you faster too!
How to book a lipid profile test at home in Mumbai?
If you’re looking for a lipid profile test at-home service in Mumbai, your search ends here. With Orange Health Labs, you no longer need to step out of your home for the test.
Just book a lipid profile test through Orange Health Labs's website and our eMedic will collect your sample within 60 minutes of booking the test from your home, office.. any place of your convenience!