What is a Gamma G.T. (GGT) test?
The gamma-glutamyl transferase (GGT) is an enzyme that is found in many organs throughout the body, with the highest concentrations found in the liver. GGT is high in the blood in most diseases that can cause damage to the liver or bile ducts.
When is the Gamma G.T. (GGT) test recommended?
It is recommended:
- GGT may be ordered along with or as a follow-up to other liver function tests when you have signs or symptoms that suggest liver diseases, such as weakness or fatigue.
- GGT can be used as a screening for chronic alcohol abuse (it will be elevated in about 75% of chronic drinkers) and to monitor for alcohol use and/or abuse in people who will be receiving treatment for alcoholism or alcoholic hepatitis.
- Loss of appetite,
- Nausea and vomiting
- Abdominal swelling and/or pain
- Jaundice - is yellow in the colour of the skin and whites of the eyes.
What does it measure?
The Gamma G.T. (GGT) test :
- Checks the amount of GGT in the blood.
- In case of liver damage, GGT might leak into the bloodstream. High levels of GGT in the blood can be an indication of liver disease or damage to the bile ducts.
- The GGT test is most often used to monitor liver disease, check for blockage in the bile ducts, figure out if liver damage is due to liver disease or a bone disorder, and monitor the disorders related to alcohol use.
How long will the reports take?
You will get the reports within 6 hours after the collection of the blood sample.
What is the cost of the Gamma G.T. (GGT) test in Noida?
The cost of the Gamma G.T. (GGT) test in Noida is Rs. 200.
How often should I get tested for the Gamma G.T. (GGT) test?
The Gamma G.T. (GGT) test is prescribed by your doctor after a complete assessment of your symptoms and conditions.
What are the normal values of the Gamma G.T. (GGT) test?
15–73 U/L 12–43 U/L
What is the type of sample required?
We require a blood sample for this test.
What time should I get the test done?
This test can be taken at any time during the day.
Is fasting required for a Gamma G.T. (GGT) test?
Fasting is not required for this test.
Any other precautions to be taken before getting myself tested for a Gamma G.T. (GGT) test?
There are no specific precautions for this test.
How can I book a Gamma G.T. (GGT) test in Noida?
Log into www.orangehealth.in and submit your details. Our highly trained, professional, and vaccinated eMedics will be at your doorstep within 60 minutes or at the time booked by you.
Why should I book a Gamma G.T. (GGT) test with Orange Health Labs in Noida?
Orange Health Labs is the fastest diagnostic lab. With us, you can get tested at home within 60 minutes of placing an order anywhere in Noida. Our trained, professional, and vaccinated eMedic will be at your doorstep at the time selected by you. Your sample is safely transported at the optimal temperature to our NABL-accredited and ICMR-approved lab. The results will be delivered to you faster too!