What is a KFT test?
The Kidney/Renal (KFT/RFT) panel, also known as a kidney profile or kidney function test (KFT), is a group of tests that help in determining the health of the kidneys by evaluating various parameters, like proteins, electrolytes, minerals, and blood glucose.
Kidney Function Test (KFT)
No special preparation is required.(Fasting is not required)
Get reports within 6 hours
As prescribed by your doctor
Blood (Free home sample collection in 60 mins)
When is a KFT test recommended?
- As a part of routine health check-ups.
- It helps to diagnose any disease affecting the kidneys’ functions.
- To screen people in danger in the event of any kidney disease.
- To check and analyse the treatment efficacy of kidney diseases.
What does it measure?
- A renal panel includes multiple measurements. However, not all tests for renal function are the same.
- This is a test panel done to evaluate kidney functions, and it consists of a group of tests integrated to collectively analyse any malfunction related to the kidney.
- The kidneys perform several functions. The most important of these is that they filter the blood and separate the waste products generated by the regular metabolic activities of the body, primarily urea.
- The tests included in this profile are Blood Urea Nitrogen, Blood Urea, Creatinine, BUN/Creatinine Ratio, Calcium, Phosphorus, Uric Acid, Sodium, Potassium, and Chloride.
How long will the KFT test reports take?
You will get the KFT test reports within 6 hours after the collection of the blood sample.
How much does the KFT test cost?
The cost of the Kidney/Renal Function test in Hyderabad is Rs. 599.
How often should I get tested for the KFT test?
The KFT test is prescribed by your doctor after a complete assessment of your symptoms and conditions.
What are the normal ranges of the KFT test?
- Blood Urea Nitrogen: 7 - 20 mg/dL
- Blood Urea: 10 - 50 mg/dL
- Creatinine - Male: 0.6 - 1.2, Female: 0.5 - 1.1 mg/dL
- Calcium - 8.5 - 10.5 mg/dL
- Phosphorus - 2.40 - 4.40 mg/dL
- Uric Acid - 3.4 - 7.0 mg/dL
- Sodium - 135 - 148 mmol/L
- Potassium - 3.5 - 5.0 mmol/L
- Chloride - 98 - 106 mmol/L
What is the type of sample required for KFT test?
We require a blood sample for KFT test.
What time should I get the KFT test done?
The test can be taken at any time.
Is fasting required for the KFT test?
No, fasting is not required for KFT test.
Any other precautions to be taken before getting myself tested for the KFT test?
There are no specific precautions for this test.
How can I book a KFT test in Hyderabad?
Log into www.orangehealth.in and submit your details. Our highly trained, professional, and vaccinated eMedics will be at your doorstep within 60 minutes or at the time booked by you.
Why should I book a KFT test at home with Orange Health Labs in Hyderabad?
Orange Health Labs is the fastest diagnostic lab in Hyderabad. With us, you can get tested at home within 60 minutes of placing an order anywhere in Hyderabad. Our trained, professional and vaccinated eMedics will be at your doorstep at the time selected by you. Your sample is safely transported at the optimal temperature to our NABL accredited and ICMR approved lab. The results will be delivered to you faster too!