What is a Lipid Profile test?
- People with obesity, diabetes, a sedentary lifestyle, and a family history of high cholesterol or heart attacks should regularly get their lipid profile testing done. People undergoing treatment for high cholesterol and heart disease also require regular cholesterol testing to monitor the effectiveness of treatment.
- It is crucial to establish an accurate diagnosis of a lipid profile to proactively eliminate the risks of stroke or major cardiovascular diseases.
Lipid Profile/Cholesterol Test
8-9 hours of fasting.
Get reports within 6 hours
As prescribed by your doctor
Blood (Free home sample collection)
When is the Lipid Profile test recommended?
- For adults, it is recommended that even people with no risk factors for heart disease get a fasting lipid profile test done every 4 to 6 years.
- If other risk factors like coronary heart disease, stroke, and peripheral vascular disease are present, it is recommended that the test be done more frequently.
- It’s essential to monitor LDL cholesterol. It’s one of the major risk factors for several diseases such as apo A1, apo B, and lipoprotein.
What does it measure?
- The Lipid Profile test usually measures total cholesterol, HDL cholesterol, LDL cholesterol, and triglycerides levels. The other results that may be reported include derived VLDL cholesterol, derived non-HDL cholesterol, and total cholesterol to HDL cholesterol ratio.
- Cholesterol and triglycerides are essential lipids that are carried in the blood by lipoprotein particles made up of cholesterol, triglycerides, proteins, and phospholipid molecules.
- The lipoprotein particles are classified according to their density into HDL, LDL, and very-low-density lipoproteins (VLDL).
How long will the reports take?
What is the price of the Lipid Profile test?
|Lipid profile test price in Delhi||550|
|Lipid profile test price in Gurgaon||550|
|Lipid profile test cost Noida||550|
|Lipid profile test price in New Delhi||550|
|Lipid profile test price in Central Delhi||550|
|Lipid profile test cost in West Delhi||550|
|Lipid profile test price in Ghaziabad||550|
|Lipid profile test price in Palam Vihar, Gurgaon||550|
How often should I get tested for the Lipid Profile test?
What are the normal values of a Lipid Profile test?
- Cholesterol: 120–200 mg/dL
- Triglycerides: 60–160 mg/dL
- HDL Cholesterol: 35–70 mg/dL
- LDL Cholesterol: <130 mg/dL
- VLDL Cholesterol: 0–35 mg/dL
What is the type of sample required?
What time should I get the test done?
Is fasting required for the Lipid Profile test?
You may be asked to fast for at least 10–12 hours before the test. Fasting means neither eating any food nor drinking coffee, tea, milk, tender coconut water or anything except water.
Any other precautions to be taken before getting myself tested for the Lipid Profile test?
No further precautions are needed for this test.
How can I book a Lipid Profile test in Delhi?
Log into www.orangehealth.in and submit your details. Our highly trained, professional, and vaccinated eMedics will be at your doorstep within 60 minutes or at the time booked by you.
Why should I book a Lipid Profile test with Orange Health Labs in Delhi?
Orange Health Labs is the fastest diagnostic lab. With us, you can get tested at home within 60 minutes of placing an order anywhere in Delhi. Our trained, professional, and vaccinated eMedics will be at your doorstep at the time selected by you.Your sample is safely transported to our NABL accredited and ICMR approved lab at the optimal temperature. The results will be delivered to you faster too!
You can book lab tests at home with Orange Health Labs in Delhi NCR.