When is the HbA1c (Glycosylated Haemoglobin) test recommended?
- To diagnose and monitor diabetes. With type 2 diabetes your blood glucose gets too high because your body doesn't make enough insulin to move blood sugar from your bloodstream into your cells, or because your cells stop responding to insulin.
- Prediabetes means that your blood glucose levels are higher than normal, but not high enough to diagnosed as diabetes. Lifestyle changes, such as healthy eating and exercise, may help delay or prevent prediabetes from becoming type 2 diabetes.
- For people who have diabetes, the test is used to indicate how well diabetes has been controlled over the last few months.
- People who have diabetes are advised to get tested every 3 to 6 months or more frequently if it is not under control.
HbA1c (Glycosylated Hemoglobin) Test
No special preparation is required.
Get reports within 6 hours
As prescribed by your doctor
Blood (Free home sample collection)
What does it measure?
- The HbA1c test measures the percentage of glycosylated haemoglobin in the blood, which reflects the average blood glucose over the past two to three months (8–12 weeks).
- Haemoglobin is the protein that is found in red blood cells and is responsible for transporting oxygen. Of the different types of haemoglobin, haemoglobin A is the most predominant.
- Haemoglobin A1c is the dominant form of Glycosylated Haemoglobin. As RBCs die and are replaced, Haemoglobin A1c is cleared and slowly replaced with non-glycosylated haemoglobin.
- Measurement of HbA1c (Glycosylated Haemoglobin) level over some time gives an indication of the level of glucose in the blood over the specified period. This helps in the diagnosis of diabetes and is useful for monitoring the effectiveness of measures taken to reduce blood sugar levels.
How long will the reports take?
You will get the reports within 6 hours after the collection of the blood sample.
What is the cost of the HbA1c (Glycosylated Haemoglobin) test in Delhi?
The cost of the HbA1c (Glycosylated Haemoglobin) test in Delhi is Rs. 450. Flat Rs. 100 off on your first order.
|HbA1c test price in Gurgaon||Rs. 450|
|HbA1c test price in Noida||Rs. 450|
|HbA1c test cost Delhi||Rs. 450|
|HbA1c test price in New Delhi||Rs. 450|
|HbA1c test price in Central Delhi||Rs. 450|
|HbA1c test cost in West Delhi||Rs. 450|
|HbA1c test price in Ghaziabad||Rs. 450|
|HbA1c test price in Palam Vihar, Gurgaon||Rs. 450|
How often should I get tested for the HbA1c (Glycosylated Haemoglobin) test?
You should get tested once in 3 months to check the average blood sugar level in the blood. It depends on the doctor after a complete assessment of your symptoms and conditions.
What are the normal values of an HbA1c (Glycosylated Haemoglobin) test?
- Normal: HbA1c below 5.7%
- Prediabetes: HbA1c between 5.7% and 6.4%
- Diabetes: HbA1c of 6.5% or higher
What is the type of sample required?
We require a blood sample for this test.
What time should I get the test done?
This test can be taken at any time during the day.
Is fasting required for an HbA1c (Glycosylated Haemoglobin) test?
Fasting is not required for an HbA1c (Glycosylated Haemoglobin) test.
Any other precautions to be taken before getting myself tested for an HbA1c (Glycosylated Haemoglobin) test?
There are no specific precautions for this test.
How can I book an HbA1c (Glycosylated Haemoglobin) test in Delhi?
Log into www.orangehealth.in and submit your details. Our highly trained, professional, and vaccinated eMedics will be at your doorstep within 60 minutes or at the time booked by you.
Why should I book the HbA1c (Glycosylated Haemoglobin) test with Orange Health Labs in Delhi?
Orange Health Labs is the Fastest Diagnostic Lab. With us, you can get tested at home within 60 minutes of placing an order anywhere in Delhi. Our trained, professional, and vaccinated eMedics will be at your doorstep at the time selected by you. Your sample is safely transported at the optimal temperature to our NABL accredited and ICMR approved lab. The results will be delivered to you faster too!
How to book an HbA1c test near me in Delhi?
If you’re looking for an HbA1c test at home in Delhi, your search ends here. With Orange Health Labs, you no longer need to step out of your home for the test. Just book a HbA1c test through Orange Health Labs's website and our eMedic will collect your sample within 60 minutes of booking the test from your home, office.. any place of your convenience! The sample will be taken to our NABL accredited and ICMR approved lab for testing. Your reports will be shared with you within 6 hours over WhatsApp. You can always view the reports on our app too!
You can book blood tests at home with Orange Health Labs in Delhi NCR.