What is a KFT Test (RFT)?
The Kidney/Renal (KFT/RFT) panel, also known as a kidney profile or kidney function test (KFT), is a group of tests that help in determining the health of the kidneys by evaluating various parameters, like proteins, electrolytes, minerals, and blood glucose.
No special preparation is required.
Get reports within 6 hours
As prescribed by your doctor
₹ 550 (Flat ₹ 100 off on your first order)
Blood (Free home sample collection)
When is a KFT test recommended?
- As a part of routine health check-ups.
- It helps to diagnose any disease affecting the kidneys’ functions.
- To screen people in danger in the event of any kidney disease.
- To check and analyse the treatment efficacy of kidney diseases.
What does KFT test measure?
- A renal panel includes multiple measurements. However, not all tests for renal function are the same.
- This is a test panel done to evaluate kidney functions, and it consists of a group of tests integrated to collectively analyse any malfunction related to the kidney.
- The kidneys perform several functions. The most important of these is that they filter the blood and separate the waste products generated by the regular metabolic activities of the body, primarily urea.
- The tests included in this profile are Blood Urea Nitrogen, Blood Urea, Creatinine, BUN/Creatinine Ratio, Calcium, Phosphorus, Uric Acid, Sodium, Potassium, and Chloride.
How long will the KFT test reports take?
You will get the reports within 6 hours after the collection of the blood sample.
What is the cost of the KFT (RFT) test?
The cost of the Kidney/Renal Function test in Delhi is Rs. 550.
How often should I get tested for the KFT (RFT) test?
The Kidney/Renal Function Test (KFT/RFT) is prescribed by your doctor after a complete assessment of your symptoms and conditions.
What are the normal ranges of the KFT (RFT) test?
- Blood Urea Nitrogen: 7 - 20 mg/dL
- Blood Urea: 10 - 50 mg/dL
- Creatinine - Male: 0.6 - 1.2, Female: 0.5 - 1.1 mg/dL
- Calcium - 8.5 - 10.5 mg/dL
- Phosphorus - 2.40 - 4.40 mg/dL
- Uric Acid - 3.4 - 7.0 mg/dL
- Sodium - 135 - 148 mmol/L
- Potassium - 3.5 - 5.0 mmol/L
- Chloride - 98 - 106 mmol/L
What is the type of sample required for KFT (RFT) test?
We require a blood sample for this test.
What time should I get the KFT (RFT) test done?
The test can be taken at any time.
Is fasting required for the KFT test?
No, fasting is not required for this test.
Any other precautions to be taken before getting myself tested for the KFT test?
There are no specific precautions for this test.
How can I book a KFT test in Delhi?
Log into www.orangehealth.in and submit your details. Our highly trained, professional, and vaccinated eMedics will be at your doorstep within 60 minutes or at the time booked by you.
Why should I book a KFT test with Orange Health Labs in Delhi?
Orange Health Labs is the fastest diagnostic lab in Delhi. With us, you can get tested at home within 60 minutes of placing an order anywhere in Delhi. Our trained, professional and vaccinated eMedics will be at your doorstep at the time selected by you. Your sample is safely transported at the optimal temperature to our NABL accredited and ICMR approved lab. The results will be delivered to you faster too!