What is an Estradiol (Oestrogen) test?
The estradiol test checks the level of the hormone estradiol in the bloodstream. This estradiol plays an important role in sexual development and is the most important form of the hormone estrogen. In a sexually mature female, it is produced mainly in the ovaries and in smaller amounts by the adrenal glands.
When is the Estradiol (Oestrogen) test recommended?
It is recommended:
- To analyse hypogonadism (the production of fewer sex hormones in females).To check the cause of oligomenorrhea (infrequent menstruation) and irregular menstruation in females.
- To monitor the symptoms of menopause, like abnormal vaginal bleeding.
- To check the follicle development in the case of infertility in women.
- To evaluate the treatment in the case of hormone replacement therapy taken by women after menopause.
- To check the lack of secondary sexual features, lack of muscle mass, and delayed puberty in males.
What does it measure?
The Estradiol (Oestrogen) test measures: The levels of estradiol in the blood. Estradiol is a form of the estrogen hormone that plays an important role in the functions and development of reproductive organs and also in the formation of secondary sex characteristics in females. It activates the menstrual cycles in women along with progesterone. Other functions of oestrogen, along with progesterone, include the growth of the breasts and the uterus. The oestrogen hormone is also found in men. It regulates growth and metabolism in both males and females. In men, estradiol is produced in the testicles, while in pre-menopausal women, it is produced in the ovaries. In postmenopausal women, estradiol is converted to estrone.
How long will the reports take?
You will get the reports within 6 hours after the collection of the blood sample.
What is the cost of the Estradiol (Oestrogen) test in Noida?
The cost of the Estradiol (Oestrogen) test in Noida is Rs. 1000.
How often should I get tested for the Estradiol (Oestrogen) test?
The Estradiol (Oestrogen) test is prescribed by your doctor after a complete assessment of your condition.
What are the normal values of the Estradiol (Oestrogen) test?
- Normal Follicular Phase: 26.6–161 pg/ml
- Normal Pre–ovulatory: 187–382 pg/ml
- Normal Luteal Phase: 32.7–201 pg/ml
- Post Menopause: 5.37–38.4 pg/ml
- Normal Males: 5.37–65.9 pg/ml
What is the type of sample required?
We require a blood sample for this test.
What time should I get the test done?
This test can be taken at any time during the day.
Is fasting required for the Estradiol (Oestrogen) test?
No, fasting is not required for this test.
Any other precautions to be taken before getting myself tested for the Estradiol (Oestrogen) test?
There are no specific precautions for this test.
How can I book the Estradiol (Oestrogen) test in Noida?
Log into www.orangehealth.in and submit your details. Our highly trained, professional, and vaccinated eMedics will be at your doorstep within 60 minutes or at the time booked by you.
Why should I book the Estradiol (Oestrogen) test with Orange Health Labs in Noida?
Orange Health Labs is the Fastest Diagnostic Lab. With us, you can get tested at home within 60 minutes of placing an order anywhere in Noida. Or our trained, professional and vaccinated eMedics will be at your doorstep at the time selected by you. Your sample is safely transported at the optimal temperature to our NABL-accredited and ICMR-approved lab. The results will be delivered to you faster too!