What is the CA-125 (Ovarian Cancer Marker) test?
Cancer Antigen-125 (CA-125) is a protein that might be found in higher levels in people with certain types of cancers and other health conditions. The CA-125 test measures the levels of protein in the blood. This test is a type of tumour marker assay. It is used in the process of monitoring a patient’s response to ovarian cancer treatment and detecting a recurrence of ovarian cancer after treatment.
When is the CA-125 (Ovarian Cancer Marker) test recommended?
- To detect ovarian cancer.
- To monitor the treatment of ovarian cancer.
- To detect a recurrence of ovarian cancer.
- To detect the lump (mass) in the pelvic area.
What does it measure?
- The amount of the CA-125 protein found in the blood.
- CA-125 is a protein that is present on the surface of the majority of ovarian cancer cells. Thus, women having ovarian cancer will show high values of CA-125. This test is used to analyse the treatment and recurrence of ovarian cancer.
- But both the cancerous and non-cancerous conditions may affect blood CA-125 levels. Many healthy cells have been produced at low levels of CA-125, including cells of the ovaries, pancreas, breast, and lining of the chest and abdomen.
- Cancer and other health conditions that cause irritation or inflammation in these organs can increase CA-125 levels.
How long will the reports take?
You will get the reports within 6 hours after the collection of the blood sample.
What is the cost of the CA-125 (Ovarian Cancer Marker) test in Mumbai?
The cost of the CA-125 (Ovarian Cancer Marker) test in Mumbai is Rs. 1500.
How often should I get tested for the CA-125 (Ovarian Cancer Marker) test?
The CA-125 (Ovarian Cancer Marker) test is prescribed by your doctor after a complete assessment of your conditions.
What are the normal values of the CA-125 (Ovarian Cancer Marker) test?
< 35 U/ml.
What is the type of sample required?
We require a blood sample for this test.
What time should I get the test done?
This test can be taken at any time during the day.
Is fasting required for a CA-125 (Ovarian Cancer Marker) test?
No, fasting is not required for this test.
Any other precautions to be taken before getting myself tested for the CA-125 (Ovarian Cancer Marker) test?
There are no specific precautions for this test.
How can I book the CA-125 (Ovarian Cancer Marker) test in Mumbai?
Log onto www.orangehealth.in and submit your details. Our highly trained, professional, and vaccinated eMedics will be at your doorstep within 60 minutes or at the time booked by you.
Why should I book the CA-125 (Ovarian Cancer Marker) test with Orange Health Labs in Mumbai?
Orange Health Labs is the fastest diagnostic lab. With us, you can get tested at home within 60 minutes of placing an order anywhere in Mumbai. Our trained, professional, and vaccinated eMedics will be at your doorstep at the time selected by you. Your sample is safely transported at the optimal temperature to our NABL accredited and ICMR approved lab. The results will be delivered to you faster too!