What is a Urine Routine Examination test?
When is the Urine Routine Examination test recommended?
- This test is mostly advised in cases of symptoms suggestive of urinary tract infection (UTI), such as abdominal pain, back pain, painful or frequent urination, and blood in the urine.
- The urinary tract is a combination of the kidneys, ureters, bladder, and urethra.
- UTIs are not fatal in general, however, if left untreated, they may cause damage to multiple organs.
- Urine routine and microscopy tests involve a three-part evaluation of the examination.
- Gross examination: This involves the visual examination of the urine samples for colour and appearance.
- Chemical examination: It is done by the urine dipstick method, which involves the use of reagent test strips. These urine test strips are dipped into the urine sample and checked to see if the colours that are developed match the control for analysis. It is done to check the urine sample for glucose, protein, pH, specific gravity, blood, nitrites, ketones, leukocyte esterase, bilirubin, and urobilinogen.
- Microscopic examination: It involves checking urine sample deposits under the microscope for pus cells, RBC cells, crystals, cells, bacteria, and yeast.
- Tests included in it are – Specific Gravity, Colour, Epithelial Cell, Ketones, Nitrite, Protein Urine, Glucose Urine, Casts, Urobilinogen, Appearance, Ph for Urine, Crystals, Leucocyte Esterase, Red blood cells, Pus cells, Epithelial cells, Casts and Microscopic organisms.
How long will the reports take?
You will get the reports within 6 hours after the collection of the urine sample.
What is the cost of the Urine Routine Examination test in Mumbai?
The cost of the Urine Routine Examination test in Mumbai is Rs.180. Flat Rs. 100 off on your first order.
How often should I get tested for the Urine Routine Examination test?
The Urine Routine Examination test is prescribed by your doctor after a complete assessment of your condition.
What are the normal values for the Urine Routine Examination test?
What is the type of sample required?
We require a urine sample for this test.
What time should I get the test done?
This test can be taken at any time during the day.
Is fasting required for a Urine Routine Examination test?
Fasting is not required unless the doctor prescribes it.
Any other precautions to be taken before getting myself tested for the Urine Routine Examination test?
There are no specific precautions for this test.
How can I book the Urine Routine Examination test in Mumbai?
Log into www.orangehealth.com and submit your details. Our highly trained, professional, and vaccinated eMedics will be at your doorstep within 60 minutes or at the time booked by you.
Why should I book the Urine Routine Examination test with Orange Health Labs in Mumbai?
Orange Health Labs is the Fastest Diagnostic Lab. With us, you can get tested at home within 60 minutes of placing an order anywhere in Mumbai. Our trained, professional and vaccinated eMedics will be at your doorstep at the time selected by you. Your sample is safely transported at the optimal temperature to our NABL accredited and ICMR approved lab. The results will be delivered to you faster too!