What is a Complete Blood Count test?
A Complete Blood Count (CBC) test is a blood test that is used to examine the overall health and detect a wide range of disorders, including anaemia, infection, and leukaemia.
Complete Blood Count Test
No special preparation is required.
Get reports within 6 hours
As prescribed by your doctor
₹ 310 (Flat ₹ 100 off on your first order)
Blood (Free home sample collection)
A Complete Blood Count test measures several components of your blood including:
- Red blood cells, which help carry oxygen
- White blood cells help fight infection
- Haemoglobin which carries oxygen in the red blood cell
- Hematocrit (PCV) measures the proportion of red blood cells to the fluid component, or plasma, in your blood.
- Platelets, which help with blood clotting
If your result shows an abnormal cell count, it may indicate that you have a medical condition that calls for further evaluation.
When is a Complete Blood Count (CBC) test recommended?
It is recommended in the following cases:
- You may be advised to undergo the test, if you are pregnant, have a family history of anaemia, are suffering from an infection, or have blood loss after surgery. Or if you suffer from heavy and prolonged menstrual bleeding, etc.
- This test is also performed to monitor the treatment responses in individuals receiving treatment for diseases or conditions that affect red blood cells.
What does CBC Test measures?
It is used to measure:
- Red Blood Count: RBCs contain haemoglobin which helps in the transportation of oxygen to the tissues. RBC count is the number of RBCs in a given volume of blood.
- Hematocrit (Hct): Hematocrit (Hct) is also called packed cell volume (PCV). It determines the volume of blood occupied by RBCs and is expressed in percentages.
- White Blood Cells: WBCs are key components of the immune system of the body and thus protect the body from various infections and cancers.
- Total Leucocyte Count: TLC is the total number of leukocytes (WBCs) in a given blood volume. There are five types of WBCs: Neutrophils, Basophils, Eosinophils, Lymphocytes, and Monocytes.
- Platelet Count: Platelet count is the number of platelets in a given volume of blood.
- Mean Platelet Volume: MPV is the average size of platelets.
- Platelet Distribution Width: PDW refers to the variation of platelet size distributions.
- Haemoglobin: Hb is a protein found in red blood cells that carry oxygen from the lungs to the body tissues, and exchange the oxygen for carbon dioxide. Then it takes the carbon dioxide back to the lungs where it is exchanged for oxygen.
- Mean Corpuscular Volume: MCV is the average volume of a red blood cell.
- Mean Corpuscular Haemoglobin: MCH is the average amount of haemoglobin in the average red blood cell.
- Mean Corpuscular Haemoglobin Concentration: MCHC is the average concentration of haemoglobin in a given volume of red blood cells.
- Red Cell Distribution Width Coefficient of Variation: RDW CV is a measurement of the variability of the red blood distribution curves and their mean size.
How long will the CBC test reports take?
The reports are available over email or WhatsApp within 6 hours after the blood sample collection.
What is the price of the CBC test in Bangalore?
The cost of the CBC test in Bangalore is Rs. 310. Please find the location-specific CBC blood test price in the below table:
|CBC blood test price in Koramangala, Bangalore||310|
|CBC blood test price in Indira Nagar, Bangalore||310|
|CBC blood test price in HSR, Bangalore||310|
|CBC blood test price in Electronic City, Bangalore||310|
|CBC blood test price in Old Airport Road, Bangalore||310|
|CBC blood test price in Marathalli, Bangalore||310|
|CBC blood test price in Kammanahalli, Bangalore||310|
|CBC blood test price in CV Raman Nagar, Bangalore||310|
How often should I get tested for a Complete Blood Count (CBC) test?
A Complete Blood Count test is prescribed by your doctor after a complete assessment of your condition.
What is the type of sample required for CBC blood test?
CBC blood test requires a blood sample.
What time should I get the test done?
You can get this test done at any time during the day.
Is fasting required for a Complete Blood Count (CBC) test?
Fasting is not required for this test.
Are any other precautions to be taken before getting myself tested for a Complete Blood Count (CBC) test?
There are no specific precautions for this test.
How can a Complete Blood Count (CBC) test be booked in Bangalore?
Log into www.orangehealth.in and submit your details. Our highly trained, professional, and vaccinated eMedics will be at your doorstep within 60 minutes or at the time booked by you.
Why should I book a Complete Blood Count (CBC) test with Orange Health Labs in Bangalore?
Orange Health Labs is the fastest diagnostic lab. We will collect the sample from your home within 60 minutes of placing an order from anywhere in Bangalore. Our trained, professional, and vaccinated eMedics will be at your doorstep at the time selected by you.
Your sample is safely transported at the optimal temperature to our NABL accredited and ICMR approved lab. The results will be delivered to you faster too!
How to book a Complete blood count test at home in Bangalore?
If you’re looking for a CBC blood test at-home service in Bangalore, your search ends here. With Orange Health Labs, you no longer need to step out of your home for the test.
Just book a CBC blood test through Orange Health Labs's website and our eMedic will collect your sample within 60 minutes of booking the test from your home, office.. any place of your convenience!
Popular Packages that include CBC test are:
- Preventive Full body Checkup in Bangalore
- Complete Full body Checkup in Bangalore
- Comprehensive Full body Checkup in Bangalore