What is an HbsAg test?
This test may be used for screening to detect and help to diagnose acute and chronic HBV infections. The hepatitis B surface antigens are the proteins that are present on the surface of the hepatitis B virus. These proteins can be detected at high levels during either an acute or chronic hepatitis B infection.
No special preparation is required.(Fasting is not required)
Get reports within 6 hours
As prescribed by your doctor
₹ 600 (Flat ₹ 100 off on your first order)
Blood (Free home sample collection in 60 mins)
When is the HbsAg test recommended?
- To detect the hepatitis B virus infection in patients having symptoms suggestive of hepatitis.
- To screen for hepatitis B infection following accidental exposure to HBV, e.g. in healthcare workers. Repeat testing is recommended after 6 weeks of post-exposure.
- To screen for hepatitis B infection during the pregnancy to prevent the transmission of the infection from mother to child. Immunocompromised patients and infants are more prone to developing severe symptoms of chronic hepatitis.
- To screen for hepatitis B infection in individuals who are at the risk of acquiring infection like IV drug users, sex workers, haemodialysis patients, prisoners, etc.
What does it measure?
- The presence or absence of hepatitis B surface antigen (HBsAg) in the blood.
- Hepatitis B viral infection by checking the amount of HBsAg in the blood. Hepatitis B virus spreads through body fluids or unsafe sexual intercourse.
- Hepatitis B antigen is expressed on the surface of the hepatitis B virus and its detection is a preliminary test to check the infection at the earliest possible stage. A positive hepatitis B surface antigen test requires further testing to analyse the level of infection in the body.
- In some rare cases, uncontrolled levels of hepatitis B infection can lead to chronic hepatitis infection and liver cirrhosis.
How long will the reports take?
You will get the reports within 6 hours after the collection of the blood sample.
What is the cost of the HbsAg test in Delhi?
The cost of the HbsAg test in Delhi is Rs. 600.
How often should I get tested for the HbsAg test?
The HbsAg test is prescribed by your doctor after a complete assessment of your symptoms and conditions.
What are the normal values of the HbsAg test?
What is the type of sample required?
We require a blood sample for this test.
What time should I get the test done?
This test can be taken at any time during the day.
Is fasting required for an HbsAg test?
Fasting is not required for this test.
Any other precautions to be taken before getting myself tested for an HbsAg test?
There are no specific precautions for this test.
How can I book an HbsAg test in Delhi?
Log into www.orangehealth.in and submit your details. Our highly trained, professional, and vaccinated eMedics will be at your doorstep within 60 minutes or at the time booked by you.
Why should I book an HbsAg test with Orange Health Labs in Delhi?
Orange Health Labs is the fastest diagnostic lab. With us, you can get tested at home within 60 minutes of placing an order anywhere in Delhi. Our trained, professional, and vaccinated e Medic will be at your doorstep at the time selected by you. Your sample is safely transported at the optimal temperature to our NABL accredited and ICMR approved lab. The results will be delivered to you faster too!