What is the Insulin Fasting test?
Insulin (Fasting) Test
8-9 hours of fasting
Get reports within 6 hours
As prescribed by your doctor
Blood (Free home sample collection in 60 mins)
When is the Insulin Fasting test recommended?
- To determine the cause of low blood sugar (hypoglycaemia).
- To determine the proper manufacture of insulin by the pancreas.
- To determine if the insulin resistance in cells is caused by hyperglycaemia (high blood sugar).
- To determine if insulin supplementation is necessary.
- To determine the presence of insulin-producing tumours (insulinomas) in the beta cells of the pancreas.
What does it measure?
- The levels of insulin in the blood after a fasting period of 8 hours.
- Insulin is the hormone responsible for the uptake of glucose levels by the cells from the blood for utilisation and storage. It also helps to maintain blood glucose levels within a normal range. This insulin also plays an important role in the metabolism of lipids.
- The amount of blood glucose levels in the insulin in blood maintain a balance with each other. An increase in blood sugar stimulates insulin production by the pancreas. It causes insulin levels to rise in the blood.
- Diabetes, a disorder associated with high glucose levels and decreased insulin effects, can be a life-threatening condition. People with type 1 diabetes produce a very small amount of insulin and so eventually require insulin supplementation therapy. Type 2 diabetes is generally related to insulin resistance, which increases over time.
How long will the Insulin Fasting test reports take?
What is the cost of the Insulin Fasting test in Delhi?
The cost of the Insulin Fasting test in Delhi is Rs. 750.
How often should I get tested for the Insulin Fasting test?
The Insulin Fasting test is prescribed by your doctor after a complete assessment of your symptoms and conditions.
What are the normal values of the Insulin Fasting test?
What is the type of sample required for Insulin Fasting test?
We require a blood sample for Insulin Fasting test.
What time should I get the test done?
This test can be taken at any time during the day.
Is fasting required for an Insulin Fasting test?
Fasting is required for Insulin Fasting test.
Any other precautions to be taken before getting myself tested for an Insulin Fasting test?
There are no specific precautions for this test.
How can I book an Insulin Fasting test in Delhi?
Log into www.orangehealth.in and submit your details. Our highly trained, professional, and vaccinated eMedics will be at your doorstep within 60 minutes or at the time slot booked by you.
Why should I book an Insulin Fasting test with Orange Health Labs in Delhi?
Orange Health Labs is the fastest diagnostic lab in Delhi. With us, you can get tested at home within 60 minutes of placing an order anywhere in Delhi. Our trained, professional, and vaccinated e Medic will be at your doorstep at the time selected by you. Your sample is safely transported at the optimal temperature to our NABL accredited and ICMR approved lab. The results will be delivered to you faster too!